Ridgecrest Regional Hospital Health Information Exchange and Patient Portal Update
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is amongst the 88% of US hospitals implementing the health information exchange (HIE).
- HIE’s goal is to give providers faster access to clinical information to provide safer, more timely, efficient, effective, and equitable patient-centered care that comes from faster access to patient health and treatment history.
- A patient portal is a secure online website that gives convenient 24-hour access to personal health information from anywhere with an Internet connection. Using a secure username and password, patients can view health information such as visit summaries and labs.
- Southern Sierra Medical Clinic now offers patient portal access and Ridgecrest Regional Hospital and the Rural Health Clinic will offer patient portal access by this fall.
- Health information exchange and patient portals are HIPAA compliant and adhere to state and federal electronic patient health information privacy standards.
For more information, go to the Health Information Exchange and Patient Portals page.